Monday, January 6, 2014

That Loving Feeling

   I work third shift at a hotel. And seeing as though there is a blizzard taking place outside of these
 walls and im stuck here I am bored senseless. I was sitting in the back office watching the movie "He's Just Not That Into You". As I sat there weeping when Ben Affleck proposed to Jeniffer Aniston it made me realize two things. The first being that regardless of how strong I may seem or try to believe that I am, I am really just a hopeless romantic, the thought of  which makes me sick to my stomach. I am a thirty four year old woman, shouldn't I have grown out of this Disney Princess mentality about love? The second thing it made me realize was that with all the games & signs & mixed signals that we experience during this senseless act known as dating its a wonder any of us ever make it down the aisle!

   Call me a fool but what would be soo terrible about meeting someone, feeling that spark and then and there making the decision to be together and love each other? With the divorce rate in this country lingering around 50% how much worse could it be if we didn't take the time to "know each other"? As if its ever really possible to know someone completely. Couples can be together twenty years and have their marriage end in divorce.

 We spend such a huge chunk of our lives searching for "The One", letting other equally important things in our lives fade into the background just so we can end up with a metal band around our finger to prove to the world that we are worthy of anothers love. How does that take precedent over the way you feel inside? I don't believe it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment