Monday, March 18, 2013

Reasons For Seasons

I was driving down the expressway & contemplating alot of ongoing issues in my life when it began to snow. In that moment all I could think about was how I cant wait for spring to come. I'm typically a winter kind of gal, but Chicago winters are long, hard & seemingly endless. I was working that day, I'm a professional driver for a car service & I had just dropped off a customer at the airport. I was heading home to wait for my next order. As I barreled down the freeway struggling to see beyond the down pour of snowflakes I couldn't help but see the uncanny resemblance that that moment bared to my life. In my mind i thought of myself as going down a long lonely road with no end in sight. I couldn't see beyond my day to day routine to something bigger. I felt as though I had no direction & all my hopes & dreams were at a stand still. the more I think about it now after some time has passed I reminded myself, winter never lasts forever, spring will surely come, the sun will surely rise & set & nothing in life lasts forever. Things always inevitably change whether it be good or bad. I'm still working thru my issues & dealing with turmoil on a daily basis but within that process I'm also becoming stronger & wiser & with that my hope is renewing as is my desire to pursue my dreams. Just as April showers bring May flowers, there is indeed a reason for every season & I cant wait to see what blooms in the near future for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment