Sunday, January 6, 2013

Love = Happiness?

I have always been a free spirited woman with an open mind, especially when it comes to dating & relationships. I started dating at eighteen years old. I have been in love about six times. I have a tendency to fall in love rather easily because I always see the good in people & I over look the bad things. Out of these six love affairs only one of them resulted in marriage but also ended in divorce. These men at their best supported me in my career choice, at times provided for me financially, took me places I had never been, showed me things I had never seen & picked me up when I was down. All the things you would expect a "Good Man" to do in a relationship. But at their worse they showed no patience when I was attempting to cope with personal issues, tossed me aside when I became an inconvenience, expected  me to fit into a little box that they had complete control over & rarely made me their number one priority. I could only over look their short comings for so long before i had to come to terms with reality & put my needs first. When your a kid your parents are supposed to be there for you & support you & love you but that's not always the case. When you become an adult we're told that a man will come swooping in like prince charming & rescue us & love us but that's not always the case either. Love does absolutely equal happiness, but not external love. Its the love you hopefully find & recognize in yourself for yourself that will last a life time & carry you thru forever. If you are blessed & lucky enough to have true & unconditional love from others consider it a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment