Monday, December 17, 2012

Heros

Theres something I just have to say. Some people may get mad & many may disagree,  that's OK because everyone is entitled to their own opinion & I speak my mind, always have always will & nobody has to like it. I hate how every time theres a tragedy the media ALWAYS has to find someone within it to elevate as a "Hero". For instance the teacher who's pic everyone is circulating on FB from the shooting at the school in Connecticut. God bless her soul, it was an unthinkable thing that happened there period, for all the victims & families involved, but lieing to the gunman to keep the children safe is not an act of heroism, its common since. If you have a classroom full of children & your an adult I would hope that Any of us in the same situation would sacrifice ourselves to save them, its common since if your a normal human being with a heart. Its called compassion & feeling which is something a lot of people out there lack on both sides. The people that do the shootings & the people that elevate "Heroes" as if they're saying if they were in the same situation they don't know if they'd do the same thing? For me its not even a question, I'm 33 y/o I've lived my life, if it meant saving even one child I would lay it on the line in a minute, no thought required.

2 comments:

  1. It's a way to control thoughts. The media tells you what you need to feel and how to feel it. I'm indifferent on the Sandy Hook shooting. Though it doesn't phase me because in my neighborhood people get shot right in front of my face. Even children were murdered right down the street and it was "breaking news" until it got old and they moved in to another tragedy. All this coverage is for ratings and ratings equal sponsors (money) and in the end that's all that matters is the almighty $$ dollar $$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you, but its a fact that is very difficult for me to accept. When I hear something tragic I feel for everyone involved, I cant just turn off my feelings & look at these people as just statistics, or a front page story. They have faces, they have lives & they have loved ones. So believing that the media sensationalizes these things for ratings & money, its a tough pill to swallow. And thats my biggest conflict with the average citizen. The media is going to do whats in the best interest of ratings which dosnt always coincide with the truth. The frustrating part is that people are so quick to side with a group, republican or democratic, liberal or conservatism, or the majority instead of using common sence to weed out what dosnt sound quite plausable & seek the truth. As the old saying goes, every story has three sides, his side her side & the truth. Seek it out, open your minds, stop being lazy & gullible americans.

      Delete