Saturday, December 29, 2012

Jersey Shore Whore

I happen to be an avid watcher of the television show Jersey Shore. I have watched just about every season. Many people would probably be embarrassed to admit that but I'm not. Its entertaining, disgusting & a complete embarrassment to me as an American & a woman but non the less entertaining. With every episode & each  sexual conquest I get more & more disgusted. I try not to pass judgement on others no matter how wrong he or she may be in my opinion, but come on. Snooki hooks up with Vinny, Vinny hooks up with Snooki's best friend Ryder, Snooki cheats on her boyfriend with who ever is within reach. We categorize sex in such a casual manor, "Hooking Up" as if its something you do like shaking hands. Shouldn't love making be one of the most respectful loving acts that us human beings participate in? How us women have cheapened ourselves. Fifty to sixty years ago the norm was marriage, sex, kids. Now its kiss random person in bar, take them home & "Hook Up', tomorrow night on to the next. Perhaps our casual attitude as women today has contributed to men's non chalant attitude towards commitment & marriage. I wont lie, believe me I've had my fun, I've had my meaningless dalliances with the opposite sex & at times with the same sex. At the time I didn't feel I wasn't respecting myself, I was just looking for love. That was my justification for my actions. Some men believe that respectable women cherish their bodies & are only willing to share them with men who respect & love them, but how do you know? Every man I've ever slept with has been respectful & quick to declare their love for me in the beginning. Otherwise I wouldn't have given them the time of day. By time you realize that sex is all their after its too late. I have been dating since I was eighteen years old & now I am thirty three & I have tried everything to gain men's approval. The truth is more often than not the sooner I slept with a guy the longer the relationship lasted. My first committed relationship we slept together on the first date & we stayed together for two years. Where as in a more recent relationship I made it a point to get to know him as a friend. We waited months to have sex, we were together for over a year then he left me for someone else who he is engaged to. This could all be sheer coincidence, after all in my opinion everything to do with adult romantic relationships is a gamble anyway. Although to ensure the odds lean in my favor I am never honest with a guy when he asks how many people I've slept with. I don't do this to spare their fragile little egos, I do it so I have a better chance of him treating me with respect & seeing me as a possible candidate for a long term committed relationship & not just write me off as a slut. As adults we should all be aware of the double standard that exists between men & women when it comes to promiscuity. I appreciate the idea that my body is to be held at a hire standard than a mans, but why shouldn't men's bodies be considered just as precious & sacred? He can go out & sleep with every Catie Linda & Becky & that makes him the biggest stud/pimp but if I sleep with every Tom Dick & Harry I'm just a whore not to be given a second glance, unless your horny.

No comments:

Post a Comment