Thursday, December 20, 2012

Let Me Speak To Your Manager Please!

Why is it that the most unprofessional establishments do the best job? In the cosmetology school I attended they preached to us over & over about the importance of professionalism & that's something that has stayed with me thru out the years. But the majority of the beauty establishments I have visited are anything but professional. I live in the suburbs of Chicago & needless to say there are very few blacks in my area & little to no black hair salons, so I go to down town Chicago to get my sew-in weave every month. Where do I begin lol. My last trip down there from the time I walked in the door till the time I left I had been there a total of NINE HOURS for something that should have taken two or three. Women standing around talking about their pregnancies & child birth experiences in great detail, stylists leaving to go grab something from the beauty supply next door or something to eat while clients are waiting, but when I walked out my hair looked flawless & it only cost me eighty bucks so it was hard for me to stay mad. Today I went to my usual nail place for a Mani-pedi-wax. When I called to make the appointment I was told my nail tech would be in at 9a so I made my appt for 930. I arrived 10mins early & my tech walked in at exactly 930a. There was only one employee in when I arrived & she was knocked out sleeping in one of the pedicure chairs with her hood pulled over her head, she wasn't even aware that I was there, so I took a seat & grabbed a magazine. All the nail techs there consistently talk on their phones while they're with clients. But once again, when I walk out my nails are flawless & my eyebrows perfectly arched. How did things get this way? Is it acceptable for people to be so lax ed in the work place as long as they provide good service or is it unacceptable?

No comments:

Post a Comment